Jemma

1:31 PM

Skirt: Chocolate Shoes
Bag: Flashback
Shoes: Sam Edelmen 







I met Jemma last Friday on a busy day walking down King George in Tel Aviv.  Out of everyone on the street she stood out to me because despite the blistering heat, she looked so stylish and seemed so cool and collected! Jemma is from Canada and is also a blogger- the link to her blog can be found here. Or ( http://www.neoraphaelite.wordpress.com).   She was kind enough to let me ask her a few questions about her amazing style and give us some style tips in a short interview.  Don't forget to visit her blog and leave a comment below:)


How would you describe your style?

My style tends to change depending on the time of the year.  During school I'm usually channel I hybrid of schoolgirl/grandma/victorian.  I love classic and British style, trench coats, collars, Chelsea boots and striped tops.  In the summer I'm more relaxed victorian I'd say, white dresses and tops everyday. 

Who are some of your favorite bloggers?

The only blogger I follow is Man Repeller because she is hilarious and knows the value of a good crop top.

It is getting to be the hottest months in Tel Aviv, how do you dress for the weather?

Tel Aviv is pretty casual, so I'll wear either light weight white or printed dresses and black sandals or jean shorts (jorts) with t-shirts or white peasant tops.  White is key in hot climates to reflect the sun!  Sometimes I just use a vintage bathing suit top as a shirt.

If someone had to draw you as a cartoon, what would be your outfit?

White button down with a vicar collar under, navy cashmere sweater, black skinny jeans or jean shorts.  Oh, and one of my vintage coach bags.

A fashion rule you never break:

Comfort is key!!

What kind of things do you tend to splurge on?

Shoes, if my feet aren't happy I'm not happy.  I don't buy them often so when i do they are always black and durable so they go with anything and I get the most bang for my buck.

What are some of your favorite places to shop?

I love vintage shopping. There are some great spots in Tel Aviv like Flashback, Aderet, and HaMachteret.  The side streets off the Carmel market also boast some great finds as does the Friday antique market at Dizengoff Center Square.  In Toronto I love Courage my Love in Kensington and Black Market (everything is ten dallah!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments